SPORTS ID (NSID) Required 2023 Tackle Football Forms
Your athlete is not considered registered and will not participate in any practice or game of any kind if they are not registered with NSID. Parents will receive instructions on this as we approach the season.
!!!IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR MYG TACKLE REGISTRATION!!!
TARGET DUE DATE OF 8/1/2023
Thank you for registering for the 2023 season of the Medina Youth Gridiron Tackle and Cheer program.
NOTE: Cheer will NOT be utilizing NSID. Parents will hand in all paperwork on the first day of practice.
This year, the league has partnered with National Sports ID (NSID) to manage all the forms necessary for registration. The benefits of partnering with NSID include eliminating the need for paper copies of forms and allowing for an entirely online registration process. In order to begin, you’ll need to click on this link: https://www.nationalsportsid.com/ohio-gridiron-player-verification/
Scroll down to the MEDINA community and then click on the “Get Verified” button.
NOTE: *** If your athlete has already been verified via NSID previously: ***
· Do not “Create a New Account”. Login to your NSID Account.
· You will need an updated physical form
· You will need to electronically sign both waivers (OGYF and Concussion Waiver)
· You and your player will need to sign and upload the Lindsay Law form
From there you’ll click on SIGN UP to create an account.
After you enter your child’s information and your account is created and logged in, you’ll be asked for your CHILD’S AGE GROUP. From there, you’ll be asked to enter:
· Jersey Number: Just pick one as it will be changed later
· Position: Pick anything as it will be changed later
· Enter the school name and your address.
· A 4-minute video will start which will walk you through the process of certifying your child. It’s recommended that you watch this video.
There are four parts to registration this year. Each required item is outlined below:
NOTE: YOU WILL NOT JOIN A TEAM ON NSID. THE ORGANIZATION ADMINISTRATOR WILL ADD YOUR PLAYER TO A TEAM ONCE VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE!!
1. Player Photo – You will first be asked to upload a photo of your child. Please make sure that this is a clear, forward-facing headshot.
2. Birth Certificate & Report Card – The next screen will ask you to upload a birth certificate and your player’s report card.
3. Parental Waiver and Concussion Informational Sheet – These documents will be electronically signed and acknowledged by you as part of the registration process. A red pop-up screen will show on your Dashboard until these waivers are completed.
4. 2023 Physical Form and Lindsay Law acknowledgment – Once your child is verified, you will be able to upload the completed physical and the signed Lindsay Law acknowledgment. To find the 2023 Physical Form and Lindsay Law Signature Form, go to https://www.mygfootball.com. On the top banner, click on “MYG Central”, and click “Forms and Admin Info”. Download the PDF documents called “2023-24 Lindsay Law” and “2023-24 Physical”. The Physical must be signed by a physician. A parent/guardian and the youth athlete must sign the Lindsay Law Signature form.
If you run into any problems, NSID encourages parents to use the Chat feature on the website. NSID employees staff this from 8 am to 11 pm EST and they should be able to answer any of your questions. The League is paying NSID for this service, so please use them as a resource to address any of your questions. If your problem is still unresolved after chatting with NSID, then feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
We’re looking forward to a great season!!!! Go Bees!!!!!