Our mission is to empower youth athletes and instill a lifelong passion for football through leagues that are engaging, fun, and accessible for everyone. In partnership with the Ohio Gridiron Youth Football Association, MYG takes pride in building well-rounded athletes in a safe, supportive environment, while fostering a love of the game and a sound foundation in tackle techniques.
Most tackle programs start fundamental work in late summer prior to games being played. MYG offers teams for grades 1st through 6th grade of the fall calendar year.
Fall 2023 Registration is CLOSED!
Team Practices - TBD (determined by the coach of the team)
Late July 2023- optional conditioning practices start
Early Fall 2023- contact practices and season begin
Teams consisting of 1st and 2nd grade age can not be over the age of 9 years old.
Teams will consist of 3rd graders and age cannot be over 10 years old. Line-Only players
will be any weight above 100 lbs.
Teams will consist of 4th graders and the age can not be over 11 years old. Line-Only players will
be any weight above 115 lbs.
Teams will consist of 5th graders and the age can not be over 12 years old. Line-Only players
will be any weight above 130 lbs.
Team will consist of 6th graders and the age can not be over 13 years old.
Line-Only players will be any weight above 140 lbs.
In addition, the league only allows 7th graders under 100lbs to get your 11-year-old team up to a total of 20 players. This must be approved
by an OGYFA board members and (2) opposing directors. Once approved an OGYFA board member can make the
decision to remove the player if dishonest. Player's ages for certification will be the player's age before November 1st, 2023.
Your athlete is not considered registered and will not participate in any practice or game of any kind if they are not registered with NSID. Parents will receive instructions on this as we approach the season.
**Subject to change due to weather**
-$75 of your initial payment for the season will be NON Refundable to cover costs for your player's jersey and insurance for the season. NO Refunds after August 1st!!
Pro Performance MAX Reversible Size Chart - SIZES RUN
Youth XS – Up to 50 Pounds
Youth S – 40-60 Pounds
Youth M – 60-75 Pounds
Youth L – 75-90 Pounds
Youth XL – 90-105 Pounds
Adult S – 95-115 Pounds
Adult M – 115-140 Pounds
Adult L – 140-175 Pounds
Adult XL – 175-200 Pounds
Adult 2XL – 200-225 Pounds
Adult 3XL – 225-250 Pounds
Adult 4XL – 250-277 Pounds
Adult 5XL – 275-300 Pounds
Adult 6XL – 300+ Pounds
!!!IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR MYG TACKLE REGISTRATION!!!
TARGET DUE DATE OF 8/1/2023
Thank you for registering for the 2023 season of the Medina Youth Gridiron Tackle and Cheer program.
NOTE: Cheer will NOT be utilizing NSID. Parents will hand in all paperwork on the first day of practice.
This year, the league has partnered with National Sports ID (NSID) to manage all the forms necessary for registration. The benefits of partnering with NSID include eliminating the need for paper copies of forms and allowing for an entirely online registration process. In order to begin, you’ll need to click on this link: https://www.nationalsportsid.com/ohio-gridiron-player-verification/
Scroll down to the MEDINA community and then click on the “Get Verified” button.
NOTE: *** If your athlete has already been verified via NSID previously: ***
· Do not “Create a New Account”. Login to your NSID Account.
· You will need an updated physical form
· You will need to electronically sign both waivers (OGYF and Concussion Waiver)
· You and your player will need to sign and upload the Lindsay Law form
From there you’ll click on SIGN UP to create an account.
After you enter your child’s information and your account is created and logged in, you’ll be asked for your CHILD’S AGE GROUP. From there, you’ll be asked to enter:
· Jersey Number: Just pick one as it will be changed later
· Position: Pick anything as it will be changed later
· Enter the school name and your address.
· A 4-minute video will start which will walk you through the process of certifying your child. It’s recommended that you watch this video.
There are four parts to registration this year. Each required item is outlined below:
NOTE: YOU WILL NOT JOIN A TEAM ON NSID. THE ORGANIZATION ADMINISTRATOR WILL ADD YOUR PLAYER TO A TEAM ONCE VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE!!
1. Player Photo – You will first be asked to upload a photo of your child. Please make sure that this is a clear, forward-facing headshot.
2. Birth Certificate & Report Card – The next screen will ask you to upload a birth certificate and your player’s report card.
3. Parental Waiver and Concussion Informational Sheet – These documents will be electronically signed and acknowledged by you as part of the registration process. A red pop-up screen will show on your Dashboard until these waivers are completed.
4. 2023 Physical Form and Lindsay Law acknowledgment – Once your child is verified, you will be able to upload the completed physical and the signed Lindsay Law acknowledgment. To find the 2023 Physical Form and Lindsay Law Signature Form, go to https://www.mygfootball.com. On the top banner, click on “MYG Central”, and click “Forms and Admin Info”. Download the PDF documents called “2023-24 Lindsay Law” and “2023-24 Physical”. The Physical must be signed by a physician. A parent/guardian and the youth athlete must sign the Lindsay Law Signature form.
If you run into any problems, NSID encourages parents to use the Chat feature on the website. NSID employees staff this from 8 am to 11 pm EST and they should be able to answer any of your questions. The League is paying NSID for this service, so please use them as a resource to address any of your questions. If your problem is still unresolved after chatting with NSID, then feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re looking forward to a great season!!!! Go Bees!!!!!
Check MYG Tackle Football Highlights from OAC
Meet your Flag Board Directors and Field Staff
Have a question on the tackle rules, check out the 2022 Ohio Gridiron Youth Football Association bylaws